CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ohlins or cbr900 shock

Dion

so I've been planning on upgrading the suspension this winter and was gonna do the forks first but something came up.

Being the cheap bastard that I am I was thinking about going the 900 shock route, a lot cheaper than the Ohlins. But then I came across this and decided to split the difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4510950695

What do ya think?

Did you cross reference part numbers with the stock 900RR shocks that work?

I thought that it was only the earlier models that worked, later ones were 3/4" shorter. Not insurmountable, but it'll have to be addressed if that's the shorter version. You're also going to have to buy a heavier spring, probably talking around $100 there. The damping is also going to be set up for an entirely different bike.

Not trying to piss in your Cheerios, but you'll be getting close to the cost of a new Penske sport shock before your done*, and that's assuming the length is correct.

*edit- scratch that. Just noticed this was Canadian money. Good deal if you can make it work.

I here you Tim, That's why I did a compare on the Ohlins site and put a call into Traxxion before I bid. The guy says it's 12 3/4 to 13 3/4 eye to eye Ohlins site says 10mm shorter (so I leave the shim in)

springs a given but I've got a local guy that'll respring it and keep the old spring so there's a break on the price.

Damping yeah but depending on the price I should still come in under the cost of a new one.

And wouldn't this compare closer to a Penske double click then the sport?

Worst case I'll have put a 900RR in the garage to fit it :grin: