CBR1100XX.org Forum

new springs: other jobs?

erixx

Hi,

just got my hyperpro front and rear progressive springs. (blue color for us squidies hehe)

They are a lot harder then the original.

I'd like to know if i should do any other jobs now that i'm replacing springs.

I already have increased preload front and rear.

Carlos said somthing about bigger holes in front valves... Should i look after that (stock valves)?

The Hyperpro fork oil is 2.5. I believe now i have a SAE 15.... woah!... What are your thoughts about hard springs and soft oil?

:cool:

If you aren't replacing the valves, then stick with the stock oil viscosity. You'll get a "swishing" noise from the forks if you use too thin of an oil.

The aftermarket valves are made for thinner oil, but the factory valves seem to work better with something around the stock 10W.

just came back from the shop. Indeed, there's a slurping noise if you move the front end up and down! :lol:

I tested on some bumps at differente speeds and first impression is very good: solid but a bit more glued to the road. Under hard braking (stoppie style) there's no way to fully compress these springs!