CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake Proportions

speedygeezer

Anybody know if Honda publishes the proportions of braking forces for the front and rear brakes? IOW, the front brake lever produces X amount of drag on the front wheel while it simultaneously produces X amount of drag on the rear wheel. And, same thing for the rear brake lever. tks.

I haven't seen anything like that, but I did do something interesting the other day.

My front brakes were seeming a little soft lately. I took some advice from the forum (Joe I think) and pressed the pads back in the calipers. The lever feel was dramatically improved after applying the brakes a few times.

I don't really understand why the lever feel improved. In fact, I was very sceptical about doing this.

Never the less, my lever was almost to the grip at "full brake" and I knew there was no air in the system. I have to admit things improved dramatically after cycling the pads back into the calipers.

testrider - I don't know if it's permanent or not. I just did it. Anyone else?

Jred - That's as good a theory as any other at this point. I don't think I have any air in the system, (used a vacuum pump to bleed), but I can't explain the improvement. I don't notice any difference in the MC fluid level.

Speedygeezer - I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I'm getting lots of help on this, aren't I? :wink: I'd offer an opinion on your "discovery", but then I'd be hijacking my hijacked thread and there's no telling WHAT we'd be talking about come Friday...... :roll:

Yeah, I knew I was in trouble since I couldn't find anything on it either. I just thought it funny that none of the posts even referred to my question. It was kinda like, "hey - what time is it?" and everybody replied, "my car is purple". Way to go, Jim........ :wink: