CBR1100XX.org Forum

Voltage Regulator Rectifiers - RR - R/R for Blackbird

partmonster

For the battery questions, It is best which ever battery brand you buy if you set it up yourself. If you let "them" do it they will fill it with acid and not charge it and then the battery has just permanently lost 20% of it's life.

Buy it dry, fill it yourself, and charge it per the directions.

As far as brands when mine goes I'll buy nothing else but Yuasa.

My bird is alive again! Finally got the time Thanksgiving day to put her back together again although I had to wait until today to give her a test ride. While I waited a week for the R/R, I changed the plugs, oil, coolant, brake/clutch fluids, cleaned the K&N and installed frame plugs, chrome brake/clutch covers and polished frame sliders. Had bike apart in the garage for a week...how depressing. Started her up and after having to lift the tank and reattach one hose, she was alive and sounded meaner than ever! I checked the R/R out to make sure she was charging and all looked good. I noticed the brake light lit and found the switch for the rear brakes to be stuck. Nothing a little WD40 couldnt fix.

I started her up today and went for an hour long ride. My bird felt more responsive and ready to go. Could those seven year old spark plugs really have been hurting the XX's performance? It also feels like the clutch grabs a bit earlier so I may try re-bleeding it to make sure there is no air.

Josh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No problem. Anytime. Not sure why Paula used the pony express instead of UPS. She hates going to the Post Office to do international shipping. she might have had a good load going to post office and threw yours in.

As long as you got it and your happy then I am happy.

Louie

Second that, thanks Louie! I got mine a week back, finished the re-wiring and I'm off and running again. now when I rev the engine, the bike doesn't die..hehe.

I was kidding about the pony express. I didn't mean the USPS. My R/R was dropped off by UPS, but it took about two weeks! So I was saying it was delivered from the east coast to Arizona by horse... ;)

I still need to order that fuel tank sending unit. But, you can thank Carlos and his plethora of Shuberths, 'cause now I don't have the money for it! :lol: I'll probably order it next month.

Second that, thanks Louie! I got mine a week back, finished the re-wiring and I'm off and running again. now when I rev the engine, the bike doesn't die..hehe.

Mikey,

Which R/R (Ricks? Electrex?) did you order for your 97? Mine is a 97 too.

-M-

Hey Louie! I may need a receipt to prove my bike was down and I couldn't get it to the emissions testing station to get the test done, which I needed to bring over to the Motor Vehicle Division, so that I could renew my plate tomorrow! My plate's expired Dec 31 and I think they're going to try to charge me a past due fee since they haven't gotten my money yet. I tried to pay them ahead of time! But they wouldn't do it until I got my emissions test done. They didn't care that the bike wasn't operable. I'm going in tomorrow morning to renew my plate, and with a receipt for the R/R, I hope the person is sympathetic...

Emissions testing on bikes. WTF

Please tell me they are not starting that crap? The car testing is a big joke but bikes!!! :evil:

Starting?!?!?!?! Hell's bells, I remember having to get the old GS750 emisson tested in Mesa AZ back in '81! Hamilton Tests was the testing company and the bike was put on the rollers. The guys at HT had no idea how to test (or ride) a bike so I had to run it up on the rollers. Failed first time... Rolled out and leaned it out until it barely ran... Had it retested. It passed and It readjusted the carbs just ouside of the testing bay so I could ride the bike again...