CBR1100XX.org Forum

Akra interference with lower radiator support-

Redbird

Fuck, you're probably right. Cylinders are 1-2 and 3-4, that's the carbed setup, aint it?

Well, no huge deal. At least I know I didn't fuck up the install.

No quick fix, but now that I know I can move on to solving it some other way.

Thanks.

Redbird,

I sent you a few photos this am regarding the centerstand and have had the same problem you're having with the lower radiator support. I added spacers beneath the support on the engine, rebent the support to come out between the two header pipes, and notched the inner bottom fairing and the sides to give the radiator clearance to the bodywork.

Not very elegant, but as with the centerstand mod has worked fine for 40+K miles.

Since I don't know how to add pictures to these e-mail replies yet, I'll send a few to you other e-mail address.

Bill

I clean my bike every winter when the snows too deep to ride. What you see as dirt I see as a protective coating that keeps the paint safe from errant road debris. Actually I ride three different bikes most of the time (was four until I smoked the old RZ on a top end run) and am not much for spit shining things.

The picture of the centerstand mod were taken after a 4500 mile 5 1/2 day run to New Mexico via Deals Gap and I definetely wasn't in to cleaning at the time.

Bill

LOL, he was talking about my bike, Bill. He hasn't seen the pics you sent me.

I should post the pics of yours, make mine look a little cleaner, anyway.

New Mexico via Deal's Gap? Sounds like a blast. Shoulda hopped over the AZ border and done Devil's Highway while you were down there. Best day I ever spent on a bike was there :cool:

Easy solution...........

Ship me the Akra, and I'll send you a full D&D system that is paired the way you want 'em in exchange. I'll pay shipping for both. :wink:

Oh, come on.......it's chrome. :roll:..........and has the black carbon fibre can you've always been wanting. :grin:

LOL- and being a D&D if it still has any chrome on it it's probably pretty new :wink:

Gonna take a pass on that one.

Aren't you going to be mounting something slightly different up there, anyway? :wink: :twisted:

Actually Deal's Gap was on the way back from NM. I did some riding in Arizona around Yuma when I was out to visit my daughter in 2001, but it was August and truly too hot to enjoy. Don't know where Devils Highway is though.

Feel free to make your bike look clean using pictures of a dirty one if you want :lol::lol: . As you said, the parts that show are generally fairly clean anyway, as are the important moving parts.

Three weeks? How do you cope?

I was going to ride to work, but it's supposed to rain, and it's only gonna get up to 62 (that's in °F, hoser) today. Kinda cold, and I don't want to take any shit from someone saying my bike is dirty. :razz:

You need to get some of those wicked-cool ice spiked tires.

J. :wink: