CBR1100XX.org Forum

Part # or link for Two Bros. centerstand stop-

Redbird

Let me know how you get on with it. My centerstand hit the pipe when the stand was deployed.

I guess my pipe is not situated correctly, but damned if I can fiddle with it enough to make it right. I was going to hack and weld on the stand.

J.

My TiForce came with a centerstand stop as well (yeah, even that's titanium :) ), but I lost the rubber that came on the left pipe, so...

I put a bolt & nut combo in it that's adjustable. Even if I had used the stock rubber button, the stand would have hit the chain. I adjusted the bolt enough to keep the stand off the chain, but up as high as possible for ground clearance.

Just have to install a rubber cap or something on it.

FWIW, my stop mounts on the right side of the shock, not the left. I tried to mount it on the left, but it was too low (sidestand spring in the way).

I haven't ordered it yet.

First off because parts411.com is a pain in the ass, but they're the only place I can find it online (including twobros.com), and secondly because of some of Cal's comments in the other thread, and now yours, Jeremy.

I'm not too keen on spending $40 on something that needs tweaking, re-welding and trips to the store for bolts that actually fit. Still might try and rig something up myself.

Anyone has any pics of the Two Bros., or any other setup, I'd appreciate seeing them. Send 'em to redbirdxx@sbcglobal.net if can't post them here.

Thanks for all the input so far, guys.

If it means anything to ya, I'm planning to come up with something for mine. It wouldn't cost me much to build two. Can't tell you exactly what, 'cause I haven't designed it yet.

If you find something that you like, send me the link, and I'll see if I can do it.

Sorry to bring you down with my comments about the stand, I'm interested to see if you have any better luck with your system.

Chris,

It's high time you got a digital camera, man... :poke:

J.

I've got a 2-bros stop in my hand right now. I'll need it in a few weeks when my new exhaust arrives, but I'd be happy to send pics/measurements/whatever to anyone that is interested in making one.

If I remember correctly, the instructions say that it mounts to the shock bolt, but it doesn't. It mounts where the dogbone meets the frame. It's a pretty simple and unobtrusive device, but not worth $40, IMO.

I'll send you some pics, Tim.

Jay, PM you email address and I'll send you some as well. It certainly wouldn't be hard to make.

Sorry, Todd. I meant to say in my last post that I was using photoisland and haven't found another host......otherwise I would just put 'em up for all to see.

I'd be glad to send 'em to ya if you want to host them, but I just figured that Tim would do it as he did with Peter's ?

Tim, did I miss the post where you bragged about getting the TBR pipe ?! :shock: :twisted:

Are you replacing those sexy black and quiet muflers ?

:wink:

Cheers,

Yep, you need to hang out in the for sale section more. Got a deal on an Akrapovic full system.

Hate to lose the black, and the quiet, but it's time to mix things up a bit :twisted:

Might work something out as far as keeping things all black and red, anyway. I've got all winter.

Thanks, Jason.

36343219.jpg

36343222.jpg

40 bucks? Jesus...

That is cake. Jason, if you're interested in sending it down here via USPS Priority, I'll pay for the postage both ways, and have it back to you within a week.

I can make that, based on the photos, but I'd gladly pay the seven bucks total it would cost to have it in my hands for a day or two.

J.

Yep, 2-bros wanted $40 for that. Of course, I didn't pay that, nor would I. For $10 though, it was worth not having to fuck with it.

PM your address to me and I'll get it out to ya. I'm not in a huge hurry, as I won't be swapping exhausts until this season is over.

That is cake. Jason, if you're interested in sending it down here via USPS Priority, I'll pay for the postage both ways, and have it back to you within a week.

I can make that, based on the photos, but I'd gladly pay the seven bucks total it would cost to have it in my hands for a day or two.

Gimme a couple of weeks, and I'll send you a pic of the TiForce stop. It's a lot better than that one is, IMO, and I can ship it to you for fabrication, as well.