CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire Pressure

bajjer9

Whats the recommened tire pressure front and rear for everyday driving? I was thinking my bird was acting funny, standing up in turns when I was trying to get her down this morning...got to work found out front pressure was 15psi and rear was 25psi DOH! :oops:

If I am going to be riding the slab for anytime I will bump it up to 40F and 42R

If I plain on throwing her around on the corners and backroads I run 36F and 38R

I forgot to air my tires up this past weekend and rode 360 miles mostly on the slab and my rear paid the price :roll: :mad:

Keeper,

When you said your rear paid the price, I assume you mean that it got hot and wore a hell of alot faster? not got too hot and blew out right?

Mike (counting down the days until picking up my blackbird... 3)

the slab took its toll on my tires life span :sad: by making the center of my tire flatter than a pancake. I bet my bike can sit up straight without the help of the centerstand or sidestand :lol:

I only can blame myself.. running incorrect air pressure and 85-100 mph for a long period of time. (keeping up with traffic if you believe that) :shock:

I was going down the slab at 100mph look over and theirs a F150 just cruising along with me :???: