CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front fairing

hjacobs

I use it to mount my radar detector....

Got any pics of that, or more details?

I may have to excercise this option, if I want to keep my license.......... :sad:

Does anyone have that part that fits in there ? I need one. My fairing lost it's part. I was tucked under, hit redline 5th slammed 6th and saw this thing flip up past my head... that was it !

That's akin to a virgin getting her cherry busted...

Kinda of a right of passage.

Don't worry, after a while, you won't even miss it...

Northman, BigBoy,

It's a JP-spec radar detector, which unfortunately doesn't handle the same bands as in the US.

I have pics of the install on my other pc at my ex's place (irrecoverable at the moment), but basically I popped out the piece, opened mounting holes in the plastic, inserted a cross-member into the opening to span across, and securing the piece to the sensor, mounted the sensor unit to the cross-member... Even on a bump, it aint falling out cause the cross member is about twice the width of the cap and holds it pretty well...

The wiring goes up to an LED display unit that is mounted atop my dash. There's also a speaker unit to go into my helmet, for audio alert, but the LED is more than enough... Is chrome, but am planning to black it out so it blends in a little better... I'll try to get some pics of it.

Cheers,

JH

Pictures of your RD install would be great.

I'll make some of mine too: It's hidden under the headlight, between the ram-air ducts with a cable for the earpiece coming out from under the seat, up inside the jacket and into the helmet.

Here in OZ the cops aren't too happy when they find an RD, so I've got a cut-off switch on the dash (they've got RDD's here!). Also, the power relay is switched via the fan, so standing in traffic the RD will automatically switch off.

I thought the place where the pilot light is on Euro models would be IDEAL to mount some IR diodes to blind LIDAR detectors. Any ideas how that could work? I've been doing some research but haven't got anywhere yet. Any suggestions welcome! The cops here in NSW are like rabid vermin when it comes to speeding motorcyclists!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Finally got some pics of my radar mounting... the JP specs are a bit different,... this is an X and K band sensor, with a remote LED display. There is also an earpiece that should be usable within 1 meter of the sensor, but I've never tried it...

Anyway, it usually works quite fine... The sensor is pretty much out of sight, and the LED is just above the idiot lights... easy to see...

radar0.jpg

radar1.jpg

radar2.jpg