CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mirrors

Andrew 03XX

I find that I have a definite blind spot in my left - hand mirror on my 03XX. There is a moment when an overtaking vehicle does not appear in the mirror, and is out of my field of vision even with my head turned fully to the left. The mirror is adjusted as far outward as it will go. I have ridden the XX 12K km, so it is not a matter of getting used to the mirrors of a new bike.

I am considering purchasing the mirror extenders sold by Jaws in England. In the meantime, has anyone had any success in angling the mirror out further by a) inserting a washer under the rearward mirror bolt to angle the mounting plate or B) jamming the mirror at a more outward angle so that it does not spring back into its "home" position? The only relevant posts I have seen on this or other lists referred to the use of "blind spot mirrors" stuck on the mirror, but these were described as unacceptable.

Despite this minor issue, the XX is the most outstanding motorcycle I have ever owned or ridden.

Thanks,

Andrew

03XX

I went to wal-mart and bought 2 little tiny convex 'blind-spot' mirrors (I copied motobeagle) and put them on the outside edge of the mirror.

It only covers the portion of the mirror that I didn't really use, and they let me see everything to the side, and even more behind me then the stock mirrors allow.

Total investment $1.94

I am considering purchasing the mirror extenders sold by Jaws in England.

Not sure if they are the same, but our very own board member "Zentime" produced some mirror extenders... Me thinks you might be able to get some stateside for cheaper then Jaws...

I think Joe (rockmeupto125) might even have distributed some here. I'm sure he'll drop in and let you know.