CBR1100XX.org Forum

Strapping down the XX

voodooxx

I had to do the same thing on the flatbed of the rednecks trailer from Tripoli WI to Tomahawk, WI. Held really well and if you are taking the front fender off anyway, keeps from having to reposition the grips.

MaXX

If you strap it higher on the front forks at the bottom of the triple tree you don't have to remove the fender. Just make sure that it's strapped down close to the front wheel or you'll rub the inside of the faring. :wink: :wink: :wink:

This way you can load up the front suspension, even on really rough gravel roads my bike hasn't moved.

I can see how the front would work, but I do NOT trust those rear pegs. You do know that those things bend the subframe slightly just from somebody getting on the rear of the bike one time? I certainly would trust it to hold the bike down for a trip.

But I don't strap the back of my bike down so I guess it really doesn't matter a whole lot :lol:

furbird,

the straps on the rear footpegs are not real tight. i just use them to keep the bike pulled forward in the chock. keeps it from rocking front to back. it probably doesnt even help but it makes my nerves feel better

iceman_40

i cant strap it higher on the forks. as you stated the tie points are too wide and the straps would rub the inside of the fairing. i have to take the front fender off regardless. its just low enough to hit the front of the bed on the truck. found that out the hard way. :oops: oh and where i have it straped there is no need for the suspension to be loaded. it works like a solid mount. holds the front wheel snug to the bed. the only thing i worry about is cranking down too tight on the lowers and maybe tweaking my forks. :???: so i try to make sure they are snug and not held with a death grip.