CBR1100XX.org Forum

LSL handlebar kit

porterb123

I checked into this kit as an option to make the XX a little more of a tourer. Called Spiegler and asked for the up and back dimensions....they are 3.5 inches up as measured from the top of the triple clamp and 4.5 inches back from the center of the fork tube. My Helibar setup has almost the exact same measurements, so no gain there for me.

Just some info. for anyone interested.

Porter

With the LSL kit you do not have to modify the windshield, but it does come with a longer clutch cable. When I delinked my brakes I had custom lines made up already for the clutch so I didn't need a longer one. Speigler will not sell just part of the kit...350.00 for the bar mounts/ bar/ clutch cable.

The problem with just using bar mounts or risers and attaching to your triple clamp is the height of the fork tubes...you would have to get some tall risers for the bar to clear the top of the fork tubes. Jaws does sell some risers that are 53mm and 63mm tall...even an angled back set that may work. I went to a local dealer that had a set of risers and dirtbike bars. Took them outside to check fit and height. It would not fit because of the fork tube height and with the bars they had the up and back position was not as good as the Helibar....it would have taken a much more radical bend bar to provide a major diff. over the Heli's.

It looks like a longer throttle and clutch cable would be needed if you really want to get the bars up and back.

Porter

For those of you who have considered swapping the front end out for a complete Honda 954 front end, but could not figure out a way around clearance issues and the radical seating position with the stock clip-ons. Spiegler makes a kit for the 954.

The 954 kit requires modification of the 954 windshield, but there is a good chance that no changes would be needed for the BlackBird.

Just food for thought......