CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ohlins

Northman

OK, who's got one, and where the fuck did you mount your reservoir? :banghead:

I had it mounted nicely on the left side of the subframe, but it won't clear the cowling. Only way I can fit it nicely there is to remove the lift handle, and I don't want to do that.

Anybody got pics of a right side install, or a clean install on a pre '01 Bird (mine has the regulator on the left side).

Put it in that big space where the engine used to be.... :poke:

Since you're worried about the shock, does this mean you've got the engine back in place?

I think Tom (TFT) mounted his on the right side swingarm, somehow.

I know it's apples and oranges, but I finally settled on the spot you're talking about for the Penske reservoir on my '00. I mounted it to the left subframe by the lift handle. The rear cowl went on OK.

It seems like Joe mounted his Ohlins reservoir on the right side, but I'm not sure.

Thanks to those of you that helped, and fuck the rest of you :pissedfingers:

You're welcome, LOL!

Same as the Blue bike, under the right side cowl, bitch to adjsut though. If I remember correctly that is where Ohlins said to put it.

Yes it makes a big difference on the street. Fast sweepers with a bump or dip in them are much easier and more controlled now. Plus the back end doesn't sag quite as much. It also makes me a better rider, my hair thicker, more muscular, better looking to the opposite sex, richer, a bidge more famous and least important of all a lot smarter.

Brian