CBR1100XX.org Forum

Make a lighter clutch pull?

testrider1

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to make the clutch pull lighter? I probably have an early symptom of carpel tunnel on my left hand and the clutch pull in stop-and-go traffic is causing me pain and I really would appreciate if I can lighten it somehow.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

-Mike-

You can also grab the bar way out by the bar end when you're in traffic. Leverage is way better out at the end of the lever, use it to your advantage.

Hello, Mike.  It's a pretty light clutch pull for the size of the clutch.  You could fit a larger clutch master cylinder, or get the hooked levers to maximize you leverage, or adjust it so that the release point is closer to the stronger area of your grasp. That's really all I could recommend.  Oh, and pain with the action of pulling the clutch in isn't really a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Thanks Rockmeupto125,

I just re-register because for some reason my old username didn't work anymore (I was mikemlang and I exchanged emails with you in the past, remember me?)

How do I adjust the clutch? I thought it's a hydraulic clutch and not adjustable for release point? I might not have carpel tunnel as I'm ok when I'm not using my left hand to pull the clutch. Yesterday was the 1st time I got back on my XX since Oct 2002 and at the end of my 50-mile ride, my left hand was killing me that I shifted clutch-less whenever I could. What's a hooked lever? I sure would like to give it a try. Does it help to make the clutch pull lighter?

Thanks again.

-Mike-

Mike, you had to reregister because this is a new forum...the old one having irreparable errors.

The hooked levers are on most type of motocross bikes.....they just maximize your leverage.  There's no available maker for them that I know of, you'd have to adapt something.

Use the wheel on the clutch lever to adjust your release point and see if you can find a more comfortable setting.

Thanks. No wonder it rejected my old username/password.

Do you know if there is any bigger clutch master cylinder that fits the XX?

Thanks again.

-Mike-