CBR1100XX.org Forum

Superbrace....

birdie_xx

The board was slow the other day, so I wonderd to the ZZR board.... :oops:

I found the topic on the Superbrace. Few guys were raving how much it improved handling....

http://www.superbrace.com/

Does anyone here use the Superbrace on the XX ? I remember it was an add-on to have on the ST1100 !

I wonder if it works well on the XX....

Cheers,

I'll go out on a limb here... The XX uses the same forks as my Bandit and the Bandit's front end would feel rather "loose" when pushed hard. I installed a Super Brace on it did feel stiffer. Wishful thinking... Or an actual improvement??? I guess I could find the old stock brace and do some back-to-back comparisons... NAH!

I have the SuperBrace on Night Train. It made a big difference in front end tracking, particularly during triple-digit sweepers. A BIG difference!

I set up a Group Buy on these on these bad boyz for the FJR dudes last spring. If there is enough interest here, I can see if they are willing to hook us up. You can get them in polished aluminum, or in anodized black. As you can see below, I scored the polished aluminum version, but I wish I got the anodized black, which looks sweeeeeeet on the FJR.

Whaddya y'all say? Want me to at least check on what they can do for a Group Buy price for us?

SB_front.jpg

I wouldn't go for the one that Joe made, but the anodised black, hmm if it works - why not ! :twisted:

Warchild, how about you take your's off and send it around the country, like the Pressious, and we (who's interested) give it a try, huh ?! :twisted: :poke: :fingerflip:

Cheers,

P.S. Joe. don't send yours, please ! :wink: :lol:

Warchild what was the group price for the FJR guys

Hell, to be honest, I can't recall, but I remember what it was for the ST1100 dudes (did a GB for them, too): polished aluminum finish was $115.95 each, the Black-Anodized version is $20 more ($135.95 ea), HOWEVER, note that this *includes* the stainless steel fork protectors (a must have, IMO)

The regular price for the ST1100 polished aluminum is $139.95, and add to that the $25 stainless steel fork proitectors, and thats $164.95 total.

So that $115.95 Group Buy price represents a fairly hefty 30% savings.... which is pretty cool. :cool:

I should know later today what they'll do for us on the XX....

Warchild what was the group price for the FJR guys

So that $115.95 Group Buy price represents a fairly hefty 30% savings.... which is pretty cool. :cool:

Well if it's close to the same price. I am in!! :cool:

Ken

I will probably be interested also...But not if makes my tire cup like that

This has gotta be an inside joke or something, 'cuz I dunno what y'all are referring to.... Pilot Roads have the least tendency to scallop, given their tread design.... :roll:

It was a joke from another thread. Nothing personal or directed at you. Just in fun.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12554

Rich