CBR1100XX.org Forum

AVON 45/46 wear

XXodus

I have the 45/46 combo with about 2000 miles on them and pleanty of tread left. The standard flat spot is starting to form in the center of the tire. Is it normal to get a road hum out of them. The only reason I noticed it is that it sounds like the tire is out of balance uuuum uuuum uuuum. Still handles great. What's the average milage you guys are getting out of these things?

I have the 45/46 combo with about 2000 miles on them and pleanty of tread left. The standard flat spot is starting to form in the center of the tire. Is it normal to get a road hum out of them. The only reason I noticed it is that it sounds like the tire is out of balance uuuum uuuum uuuum. Still handles great. What's the average milage you guys are getting out of these things?

2kmiles is way too early for trhe flatspot unless you have loooooowwwwww pressure. The hum is not normal.

6500-7000 miles rear

10-13 kmiles front

Hugo

I am running 36F and 38R on my Avons. That is what most of Avon users are running. Won't take long to ruin a tire with the wrong air pressure.

I got about 3200 or so out of my rear right now, and will probably have to replace it within the next 1,000 miles if that..

No I don't do burnouts either, I do mountain roads like a crack whore looking for a fix :wink: Took off yesterday and rode over to the BRP for most of the day. 480 miles later I came home from playing :grin:

I second Hugo... I keep a religious 40/40 in them and am getting 6500+ on teh rear (ridden very hard) and could see double on the front but I change that out as a set now. If you're only seeing a few thousand then either your riding very hard in hight temps on a track or your air pressure is too low... this could cause your tires to wear very quickly

I find the avons cause my front end to wiggle a little when I'm braking. Never found that before. I prefer that over the nasty scalloping my old one did.

I just changed my rear with only 5000 miles on it. But, it was flat spotted and I'm heading to Deal's Gap next weekend so I wanted a round tire out back and was willing to give up another 1500-2000 worth of useable rubber for it.

Still running the front, looks like it's barely been used at all despite being worn to the edges.