CBR1100XX.org Forum

Exhaust wrapping...should we or not?????

vinceflCBX

I just remembered. I was thinking about v00d00child who coated his stock header. Northman may have done it too. I can't recall.

I hope we can get those guys to chime in with their experiences.

I ran my coated header for one season, and didn't notice much in the way of lowered temps, but have since sold the header to G2. Don't know if he has it installed or not, yet, but you may want to ask Greg what he thinks.

I think I paid somewhere around $200Cdn to have my used header coated inside & out.

Looks nice! :grin:

i wrapped mine in '02, right after i bought it new. i also put on some yoshi slip ons. i did notice it to be cooler between the legs. i did not notice any performance increase or decrease. after two years there have been no disadvantages and only cooler legs. some one wrote about disconnecting the air injection. i would be a littler concerned about the effect on the O2 sensor readings. i wonder if it would give it incorrect readings and therefore cause the ECM to miscalculate. i did disconect this system on my GPz1100, it was FI but it had no O2 sensor either.