CBR1100XX.org Forum

ext' warranty?

flk

Any chance on getting an extended warranty on a 1997 XX with 11,000 miles. It was recently purchased used at a local Honda dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

StPeteXX

I don't know about third party warranties, but the HPP is only good if purchased while your machine is still under the original warranty. See the section labeled "Deadline" at the link above I posted.

I just ordered the 4 year HPP from Alan Landes at Blue Ridge Powersports. The $350 did include tax. If interested, their number is 1-800-296-2735. He mentioned that if anybody else is interested, he would appreciate them calling by the end of this week. I think it is a sales quota type thing. I am not sure if he will be able to do the $350 after that, but if you want the plan you might try giving him a call.

Remember that the extended HPP is only good if your bike is still under the original warranty.

Dave

Dave,

I'm assuming u have an '02 bird (me too). What arguments did u use to convince yourself the HPP was a good value, or r u just looking at it as an insurance to ensure fixed costs for that potential type of part failure? If was anything other than a Honda it would be a no brainer.

Dave,

I'm assuming u have an '02 bird (me too). What arguments did u use to convince yourself the HPP was a good value, or r u just looking at it as an insurance to ensure fixed costs for that potential type of part failure? If was anything other than a Honda it would be a no brainer.

Bruce,

In my case, it seems to me that $87.5 per year for a warranty is cheap insurance just "in case" their is a problem. Based on all I know about the bird, I don't expect a problem. I do plan on piling on some miles over the next couple of years, so it seems like a logical thing to do. Also, I don't plan on selling the bike, however if I should decide to sell (read new CBRXX in future), I believe it may offer the prospective purchaser some peace of mind.

Finlly had a chance to order the ext' war' from Blue Ridge- now my XX will never break! Thanks to azxr for all the legwork!

Other Fl' residents may run into a glitch because we have a weird law in place about warranties falling under ins' guidelines and all kinds of other mess. The way around it seems to have an out of state address Honda can push through. Alan at Blue Ridege is checking out the specifics now.

Francis

Just posting this for completeness. Still getting back some replies and want to post for comparison if others are looking in the future.

Castle Powersports - near Nashville Tennessee

An exteneded Honda Protection Plan on your bike retails as follows:

12 months - $400

24 months - $500

36 months - $590

48 months - $690

(plus tax)

If you purchased your bike here, or if you have your service work done here, I will hook you up with a 10% discount. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Give me a call with any questions at 615-851-4438.

Thanks,

Crystal

F&I Mgr.

Just posting this for completeness. Still getting back some replies and want to post for comparison if others are looking in the future.

Castle Powersports - near Nashville Tennessee

An exteneded Honda Protection Plan on your bike retails as follows:

12 months - $400

24 months - $500

36 months - $590

48 months - $690

(plus tax)

If you purchased your bike here, or if you have your service work done here, I will hook you up with a 10% discount. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Give me a call with any questions at 615-851-4438.

Thanks,

Crystal

F&I Mgr.

Don't mean to be a trouble maker but when you buy a brand new bike, Honda contacts you by the end of the first year to extend the warranty for 600 bucks (direct from them).

Don't mean to be a trouble maker but when you buy a brand new bike, Honda contacts you by the end of the first year to extend the warranty for 600 bucks (direct from them).

I think you are just trying to be a trouble maker. :wink:

I don't advocate purchasing from them, just wanted to post for completeness. Didn' know Honda will contact new owners. I ended up purchasing it for $350 from a dealer listed above.

Didn' know Honda will contact new owners. I ended up purchasing it for $350 from a dealer listed above.

They did it for me, so I assume they do it for everybody.

Hugo