CBR1100XX.org Forum

Question for '01,'02,'03 owners.

XX4me

Can anyone tell me the idle speed when you start the bike cold.

Ideally it would be with the star adjustment knob on the left hand side of the bike turned out a few turns.

I'm trying to set the Air Fuel mixture determined by the wax unit.

mine is up and down but within ranges I suppose 1100-1250

Same. Be careful about setting the idle too low. My tach read 1100 rpm, but the dealer found out the bike was actually running at 900 rpm and drawing 3 amps from the battery. When readjusted, it was charging by 3 amps.

My 03 cold starts at about 1250 rpm, then settles back to the 1100-1050 rpm that I set with the adjustment knob after the temp gets up to about 125 degrees.

Thanks,I think this is what I was looking for.

I have larger fuel injectors in mine and so I'm trying to figure out what A/F mixture the stock bikes run at idle.

I have to unscrew the idle knob and start the bike then quickly add or subtract fuel from the map to try and get 1250rpm.

Problem I ran into is when I was tinkering with the map to really smooth and lean out the idle while she's warmed up it caused the cold idle to be too low.

:shock: DOH, there's an idle adjustment thingy? Why am I always the last to know anything. Somebody want to give me a clue where it's at and what's involved.

Mine idles very similar to above, but would like it too idle just a bit faster in warm weather after she warms up.

Look down around your left shin while sitting on the bike. You'll notice a small black knob sticking out from underneath the frame. Clockwise=raise the idle. A very small amount will do it.

:shock: DOH, there's an idle adjustment thingy? Why am I always the last to know anything. Somebody want to give me a clue where it's at and what's involved.

Mine idles very similar to above, but would like it too idle just a bit faster in warm weather after she warms up.

Two words: Owner's Manual :poke:

:roll: :roll: Double and :roll: :roll: :roll: Triple DOH! Not only is it in manual, when i 1st got bird i installed a Sealink 12V Outlet w L bracket on inner black panel less than 2" from it :banghead:. Boy, am i the clever one!

And thanks Northman, I know how to set the clock now too :twak: