CBR1100XX.org Forum

Difference with Euro model?

JAXX

You may know I run two bros slip ons with a K&N and pc lll dynoed. I don't run a full system for #1, the Bird's rear symetry with duel pipes looks great and I didn't want to mess with it. #2, Honda header pipes are quite fat so I'm not sure what a full system improves other than sound and top end where I seldom go. #3, slip ons installed correctly, my opinion, sharpen throttle response and mid-range, sound and look great.

This is on a Canadian Bird which has different emmision concerns than the US/European, Californian model. I still believe, air in/air out/ needs a remapping of the fuel/air system. I don't believe inspite of what others say than the computer "deals" with it. The bike runs lean and you will feel it with slip ons and K&N. All this is opinion extracted from observation and experience. Cheers :)

#2, Honda header pipes are quite fat so I'm not sure what a full system improves other than sound and top end where I seldom go. #3, slip ons installed correctly, my opinion, sharpen throttle response and mid-range, sound and look great.

Take a look at the header collector, and I'm sure you'll change your mind on the efficiency of the factory header. The exhaust flow basically comes to a "T", with flow to the right slightly better than the left. The collector area (anything past where the primaries join) is also baffled, which can impede flow.

Slip-ons will only reduce back pressure, but maximum gain is your goal, go with a full system. Most people go with the slip-ons for aesthetics and sound only.

Also, regardless of what some people think, reducing the back pressure or making changes to the intake will result in a change of air/fuel ratio, and will have to be compensated for. Either through the use of a Power Commander, or through carburetor jetting.

Jaxx, PM me if you would like me to email you a map I was using with my Jardine's. Definite improvement in rideability, response, and cleaned up the pipes as well.

like chris said

THE STOCK HEADDER SUCKS ASS FOR HORSEPOWER

who would want a big dent holding up flow and then make the exhaust do a 90 degree bend? might be good for torque or something, but top end power it aint for.