CBR1100XX.org Forum

Part # needed

x-lax

The monkey on the phone couldn't understand the part I was trying to explain...kept saying I needed to come in. Thats all fine except I want to find out if they had it first, before I come in.

Anyway, I need replacements for those threaded rubber inserts that hold the windscreen in on my 99XX. Both middle and lower. Please help.

lol, had the same problem a while back. Once they found the part, i bought a dozen of them. Funny thing with these rubber bolts, one use only! (most of the times). For the price they should say that on the bag!

I have 4 windscreens. All with different size/thickness holes. If i try to pry those used rubber bolts in they get stripped on the inside or i just lose patience in trying to get them in (they get mis-shaped after use).

Sometimes they get stiff......but I've always been able to ease them out with a small screwdriver.

Another thing.......those small aluminum washers used on the upper pair...the ones that continually get lost?

Once I put them in place, before I install the shield, I put good scotch tape over them. Can't be seen, and the bolt goes right through it, but the tape holds the pieces in place when I remove the screen......no more tinkle, dink, dink....where the hell did that thing go.....

:lol: , know that sound well. Lost those things a long time ago. Good idea using tape. I'm still looking for a good windscreen for my bird.

So far I've used Lockhart Phillips, Cheetah, Stocker, and ZeroGravity DB.

The ZG DB lines looks the best on the bird, so i've stuck with it. Now I'm looking at one of those Chrome windscreens.

Ps. Don't like the look of the Givi (only reason i didn't try that one).