CBR1100XX.org Forum

chain time

Blackwing

looks like my chain and sprockets are finally toast, i really wish the guy that owned it before me lubed the frickin thing once in a while, i only managed to get 27000 kms on her :evil:

so with a bit of trepidation ,i'll leave it up to the collective brain trust on here :razz: :grin:

Whats in your opinion? "THE" best chain and sprocket combo for the bird ?

My stock DID X-ring lasted longer than my current RK GXW has. I will not buy another RK chain. The DID is the best, in my opinion.

As far as sprockets go, stick with steel. I run JT sprockets on mine because they are so much cheaper than OEM, but that's up to you.

I went with a stock Honda chain and sprocket kit. It comes with both OEM sprockets, a rivet style master link and a DID ZVS chain. The ZVS chain is slightly different than the ZVM. Either chain is good for this application.

My OEM RK chain went 20K miles, so I have no complaints about it either.

I went with a stock Honda chain and sprocket kit. It comes with both OEM sprockets, a rivet style master link and a DID ZVS chain. The ZVS chain is slightly different than the ZVM. Either chain is good for this application.

My OEM RK chain went 20K miles, so I have no complaints about it either.

How much?

It was about $240 from Service Honda. You can call them at 1-800-828-5498. Check out one of the online microfiches to confirm, but I think the part number for the kit is 06406-MAT-A00.

I got 65k out of my RK chain and sprokets before I traded it for a new bird. But it was less than half worn. Mind you I had a scott oiler installed with that chain compared to my first chain which was shagged after 35k which was lubed and maintained regularly.

Whereas with the scot oiler all I did was wash my bike and keep the resivour topped up.

On my new bird I have the scott oiler installed and I've done 20k and haven't even adjusted my chain other than the initial run in period. This is with doing track days and regular mountain runs.

Cheers

Chris

I got 65k out of my RK chain and sprokets before I traded it for a new bird. But it was less than half worn. Mind you I had a scott oiler installed with that chain compared to my first chain which was shagged after 35k which was lubed and maintained regularly.

Whereas with the scot oiler all I did was wash my bike and keep the resivour topped up.

On my new bird I have the scott oiler installed and I've done 20k and haven't even adjusted my chain other than the initial run in period. This is with doing track days and regular mountain runs.

Cheers

Chris

holy hell... even in km!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll second that. Installing an automatic oiler is for trouble free operation and long-life.

Without an oiler on this bike I maintained my stock chain every fortnight with a full kerosene clean, dry and re-oil. I managed to get almost 33,000km out of it.