CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ok... We're waiting for the DIY HID directions !

XXFirefighter

whos?

That would be me, he's bugging. I met with XXFirefighter at the Laguna Seca last weekend. Told him that I was going to post how I did it with the pics. There it goes;

There is not much to say since it is pretty much straightforward plug and play installation. I've purchased my unit from "supervtec" guy on ebay based on Dion's experience with him. I've choosen 6000K bulbs which were $290 plus $15 for shipping. I dropped him a note asking if I could get it before Friday eventhough I placed the order midnight Tuesday. I had the package delivered Thursday. The most difficult part of the install is removing the fairings. I removed the nose cone, inner upper pieces and lower side panels for easy access. I am sure there are many other ways of installing them but I opted for behind the instrument cluster. There is enough room there where you can slip both cntrollers safely and attached them with heavy duty velcro-like tape. No drilling, no zip tying the units... Cables are too short to place near the seat but too long to place them near the headlight assembly.

Thanks to Dion who inspired me for the project and answered few questions I had before the purchase. Result is definetely worth the effort. Highly recommend it.

6000K HID conversion kit; ... $305,

Two hours of work and some bloody knuckles; ... bandaid and a couple of beers,

Watching cars/vans/trucks scrambling to get out of your way; ... priceless!!!

:worship:

XXBIRD... Great how to do! where did ya get the HID setup? And how much did it cost? If ya don't mind!!!

See above.

DOH!!! I got as far as the link and immediately clicked on it...

Double DOH!!! :oops: