CBR1100XX.org Forum

Son of a

egadrotu

BITCH!!!

2004798941929422121794.jpg

2004797203148551265884.jpg

As you can see they are almost BRAND NEW TIRES!

From the valley in the tread, you can see the object creating a bulge. The bulge appears to go ALMOST all the way down to the actual tire carcass. I am not sure if it goes all the way in or not.

My question is what the hell do I do now?

I think I should pull it out. If the tire goes flat, I can plug it until I can get a new one on. If it doesn't go flat, then how safe is this tire?

Of course I could just leave it in.

Suggestions?

Bummer.....

I would pull it, then if you have to... plug it, until you can get it replaced. Just don't go hot rodding around with it plugged, but daily riding at posted speeds should be fairly safe.

I bought the tires online Discount Motorcycle Tires. I had them mounted at a local dealer. The dealer said they won't do any paperwork or anything to that effect for the road hazard coverage because I didn't buy the tires there. I haven't contacted dmtaonline yet because I am not a big fan of theirs. I will if I have to. I sent an email to the customer support people at Avon and am waiting to hear back from them about what I need to do to get the ball rolling.

Thanks all, I'll keep the board updated as to what Avon says.

I sent an email to the customer support people at Avon and am waiting to hear back from them about what I need to do to get the ball rolling.

find a phone number and call em.... someone on the board should have it..

The road hazzard warranty if from AVON and not the installer. If you put your own tires on at home, the warranty is still good. That's a practically brand new tire. If you can produce the purchase reciept, they should make it right.

don't email them.. I emailed them twice about my front and both times they never contacted me.. Call them fuckers up.. I called and then faxed over my email to them to make damn sure they got it..

Call them and they will ship you a new tire with the UPS stickers to put on the old one to send it back... :wink:

Just got off the phone with Avon, they said they needed a local dealer to inspect the tire to determine tread depth and to send the tire to for remounting. I told them about the dealer I already contacted and they said to try another and if I just couldn't find one to deal with, to call them back.

I'll keep you all posted.

:roll: same shit the guy gave me about my front tire.. take it to a dealership.. I told him no dealership will ever touch my bike again. And let him in on what I had checked to make sure it was my front tire causeing the problems..

If you have to take it to any shop, bike or car or any tire place. They can properly measure your tread..

I'll get right on that.

I have ordered a new tire from swmototires. I'll see what Avon does with the road hazard warranty. If they replace it...cool, I have a spare tire. If they don't, I'll have it patched and cool..I have a spare tire.

Send it to me and i'll let you know.

I'm only looking out for the safety of you.

You are an AVON whore!!!! The bitch tried the same crap with my AVON. Same deal as your's Eric...gotta screw in a perfectly good tire. :grin::grin::grin::grin: We are going to strip search Don at NEXXT and make sure he isn't throwing nails in front of the AVON equiped bikes.