CBR1100XX.org Forum

CCT leaking?!?

GiveUp

OK, so the bird is leaking oil…. I figure I didn’t tighten the CCT enough or something because the oil ‘stains’ on the tire are only on the right side. ACK!! Anyway, pulled the panel and sure as shit, oil everywhere.

Surprisingly the CCT was in there pretty good, I only got about ¼ turn on each. But, I noticed the bolt and washer that go in the top are gone. And it looks like there is oil in the threads where the bolt and washer use to be. I can’t find the old one, but is it possible for it to spit oil out the top? Why else would you need to seal off the top? Anyway, anyone know what size it is? I found the washer inside the bike, but no sign of the bolt. Maybe I’ll just stuff something in there to seal it up…

Or do I have oil coming from someplace else? I can't feel anything oily above the CCT, but I did do the plugs and air filter not to long ago and I'm hoping nothing got screwed up.

Thanks

Yeah, oil would definitely leak up through the threads of the CCT.

I believe it's a 6mm thread bolt. Buy the shortest one you can find - probably 10mm or less. Just make sure it's short enough that it doesn't contact the adjuster inside.

If you found the washer, re-use it under the head of the bolt, and torque it in place (108 lb/in).