CBR1100XX.org Forum

Michelin M100X vs. Pilot Road

beltwaybob

I ride to work so I spend a lot of time on the slab. I ran Michelin M90's on a previous bike and got lots of miles on each set of tires. I got off the XXX this morning and walked around the back and let a massive fart when I saw the rear is gone. It is time for a new set. What is the difference between the Macadam 100X and the Pilot Road? Looks like they have similar technology. Which one lasts longer in the center of the tire?

fanx

According to the Michelin Man at the Hoot, The Road will give slightly better milage as well better side wall stickyness for the twistes. The side wall compond is virually the same as the Pilot Sport and the center compound is similar to the old 90's. Hope that helps.

So far I like the Roads better than the Avons. I'll either go back to the Roads ar try the Conti's unless the Avons give me a shit load of miles. The Roads jsut felt great to me the whole time I had them on. I have no experience with the 90's so I can't comment there. I'm basically just getting my post count up by typing this. :fart: