CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yes, another brake pad question.

Hookman49

Ok, yes I did do a search and read a bunch of posts about pads.

So, I would like opinions for pads for my needs.

Do not want replacement pads that are rough on the rotors. A buddy recommends "friction preformance" but they don't seem to make them for the XX.

On that same note I don't want pads that I have to heat up (I guess race pads?).

I have no idea what pads are on the bike now. Is there a way to tell once I remove them? Should have looked last night when I mounted the new tires.

Anyway, suggestions. Need to do this quick.

Thanks,

Ken

I also the Galfer Greens. Members of this site get a discount from one of the vendors if we mention this site by name. I know somebody will chime in with the vendor. I think it is cyclebrakes.com.

The Galfer Greens are very soft on the rotors with good stopping power. I think Carlos or sombody has said thaey are a little soft when they get wet, but I don't think they are that bad - then again I am a pretty conservative rider when wet.

Ken,

Go with the EBC HH's. 83k miles and the rotors are still legal. Hang on the first time you grab them though. What a difference! Hope this helps!

Great Day!

John

:grin: