CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain INSTALLATION Question

Suf Daddy

How does the chain go on?

Building on the clutch slave thread....

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9950

How does the chain go on? I got mine down to 110 links (shop). Now its continuous so................................

Swing arm disassembly???????????? Any farther and I'll have parted out the bike. :cry: Boy am I feeling dumb.

Front sprocket looked fine, rear okay, if the chain wasn't stretched like taffy I'd reuse everything..........

-Suf Daddy

If you bought the chain continuous in one piece, you can either take the swingarm off or find the master link (if it has one) and grind off the peened pins. With the chain unhooked, guide it around the front sprocket with a piece of wire and around the rear sprocket. join the 2 ends together and install a new peened master link (not the clip type). If you don't have a master link peener, HEEHHeeee, buy a clip type to temporairly get the bike to a shop that has one. Take the clip link out and have them install the peened link.

Yep, I'd grind the link off and put a new one on rather than dropping the swingarm. Be careful when you grind off the peened ends of the master, try and not damage the other two chain links. It may take longer, but a file works good for the last of the peen removal. Don't ask me how I know this :oops: