CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID Conversion

Silverbird2

Which color wire goes where on the low beam and the high beam.. My kit has no instructions as I feel DDM doesn't do crap anymore except take money, tell some Chinese company to ship to this address and give them $30 or so for their efforts.

I don't remember, but... it only works one way. If you get it backwards, the ballast will not fire... so you swap the wires, done.

got mine installed in several hours. I took my time and made sure that all wiring and stuff was tucked away and properly secured. The BLUE wire was the positive wire for my hi and lo beam plugs. Used a voltmeter to check it. Read online that doing it backwards could harm the ballast. Didn't want to risk it so I checked before connecting wires.

Thanks Eric for the picture of rounding off the edges of the new H7 base on the HID spacer. Few minutes at the bench grinder and had them fitting nice and snug.

Biggest issue I ran into wasn't the lights but getting the nose back on and getting the ramair inlets lined up.

Look great, nice and bright. They are the 35W 5000deg bulbs and got a slight blueish tint to them, but not bad. Glad I went with these instead of the 6000deg ones.

Reading your install thread Eric certainly did help me. Can't thank you enough for the writeup.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I sent the email to everyone involved, but here is the shield that Eric constructed in action. The biggest obstacle was connecting the shield to the bulb, and that was pretty simple, really. Used a 1/16 drill bit and opened it up more with an 1/8. Slid right in and bent over tabs. Nice fit into the housing (almost like it wasn't even there).

post-2218-1341509513.jpeg

Was actually easier to reinstall into the housing than the first time. Here are views with light off and on.

post-2218-1341509844.jpegpost-2218-1341509847.jpg

And a straightline shot to see how bright that bitch still is...

post-2218-1341510031.jpg

No real night riding done since the install, but here are a couple shots that were taken to see the viewing area.

post-2218-1341510202.jpgpost-2218-1341509879.jpg

Thanks again for all that went into this, Eric. Payment should arrive tomorrow...

HID Conversion, Just bought the kit and delay

Interesting. How much for a delay and how do you connect it?

When I connect Hi and Lo they pull so much juice that it resets the clock and trip when I put on the ignition.

When I connect Hi and Lo they pull so much juice that it resets the clock and trip when I put on the ignition.

I havent installed the delay yet. I have a Euro switch and think I will do this instead. I will see if I can find the link to the ebay site i bought it on.

I havent installed the delay yet. I have a Euro switch and think I will do this instead. I will see if I can find the link to the ebay site i bought it on.

Dibs on the relay :icon_biggrin:

It may be cheaper for you to buy it off ebay than to ship it from Texas to Norway. If it turns out that its not then its yours.

Do a search for "DDM Tuning" then look for a thread started by Richard Cranium named "Jaysus...or anyone., What headlight delay are you using?". I tried to post the link but apparently I suck at that.

It may be cheaper for you to buy it off ebay than to ship it from Texas to Norway. If it turns out that its not then its yours.

Doubt it.

Of e-bay I have to pay 25% vat on goods and freight.

I can't find any delay relay over here. If you ship it in a envelope it won't be expensive with US postal, and post it as a gift.

Then no VAT :icon_evilgrin:

Hobie and John bike bits have shipped to me several times.

PM me price on relay and freight.

I got paypal.

Doubt it.

I can't find any delay relay over here. If you ship it in a envelope it won't be expensive with US postal, and post it as a gift.

Then no VAT :icon_evilgrin:

I got paypal.

I will look into it. I think the relay was around 13 USD. I will check on the shipping. PM me an address.

Then no VAT

I got paypal.

Global Priority mail envelope or small flat rate box is $16.95 to Norway or anywhere international.

Usually 7-10 days for delivery and marked as Gift with a value below $25.00 means no VAT

First extensive night ride complete. Well, the light is still bright as shit and I was flashed four times on my way downtown by people thinking I had my high beams on (including one bike). The light is more manageable and focused with the shield. The hi beam will now be functional as soon as I get a good replacement bulb that is closer to the lo beam color (5000k). No plans of an HID hi beam replacement, just a 4300 or 5000k bulb if I can find one.

I will look into it. I think the relay was around 13 USD. I will check on the shipping. PM me an address.

Did you get my PM?

Did you get my PM?

Got it. I've been a bit busy. I will go try to find it this week.

Did you get my PM?

No hurry, just checking it came trough :icon_biggrin:

First extensive night ride complete. Well, the light is still bright as shit and I was flashed four times on my way downtown by people thinking I had my high beams on (including one bike). The light is more manageable and focused with the shield. The hi beam will now be functional as soon as I get a good replacement bulb that is closer to the lo beam color (5000k). No plans of an HID hi beam replacement, just a 4300 or 5000k bulb if I can find one.

Here is what you are looking for...

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/products/aut...erstar-zxe.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Went with a Silver Star Ultra 9005 (4100k) replacement. The zXe (4200k)was $55 for two (only needed one), and I was able to purchase a single Ultra for $26. It's much brighter than the original, especially after adjusting the height.

Did you get my PM?

Going in the mail today.

Did you get my PM?

Going in the mail today.

PM sent :icon_biggrin:

It came today.

Thanks man, now I have to figure it out how to connect the sucker :icon_biggrin:

Cool, that didn't take long. I will see what I can do to find the diagram Jay gave me. There is a thread on here that shows how to hook it up but I'm not sure how to find it.

It came today.

Thanks man, now I have to figure it out how to connect the sucker :icon_biggrin:

Cool, that didn't take long. I will see what I can do to find the diagram Jay gave me. There is a thread on here that shows how to hook it up but I'm not sure how to find it.

Found it :icon_biggrin:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=74773

Now I can use HID on LOW and HI.

I'll connect a relay to the HI from the delay relay to keep the HI beam to go off too.

Something like this. :icon_think:

gallery_3470_499_54943.jpg