CBR1100XX.org Forum

Speedo MPH to KPH

02 SilverBird

I used a heal tech speedo healer when I changed gears on my 99. Worked like a charm and was easy as pie to install. I think they have documentation on how to switch it from kph to mph.

Mmmmmm pie...

How many time have you took it up to 200??

:icon_razz:

Just once last night,but what doe's that have to do with the unexplaned dash switch from MPH to KPH

Been to any meets lately? Some clowns have been known to do that to others bikes if given the chance. :icon_whistle:

Anyway, I don't recall exactly how it's done, but instructions are in the owners manual and it's pretty easy to switch back and forth.

I used a heal tech speedo healer when I changed gears on my 99. Worked like a charm and was easy as pie to install. I think they have documentation on how to switch it from kph to mph.

Mmmmmm pie...

I dont have a speedo healer on my bike,anyone out there still have there owner's manuel that came with the bike (I dont) (02 bird digital dash)maybe there is something in there about switching from MPH/KPH or back, nothing in the hains manuel about it. Thanks

Yep, how to switch it back is in the manual. Why it happened I don't know. When my buddy had his bird I would do that shit to him all the time. Then he would try to fix it and reset his trip mileage and get pissed even more.

He hasn't had a bird in 4 or 5 yrs so I forget how to switch it now. Might have to look it up for the WVXXT meet in a couple weeks :icon_whistle:

I have a 99, so my book doesn't have anything on it. Found this...

Sorry Guys 99 and earlier birds have the anologue (needle pointer) speedo's and cant be changed by the push of a button like they can on the digital read out dash's.

The speedo should be a direct replacement with no need for a converter.

on another site.

How many time have you took it up to 200??

I get the joke now (I am a little slow) nice to see that speedo go over 200. There must be someone who still has there original owners manuel. Thanks Rob

:icon_razz:

push and hold Both the "Mode" and the "Set" buttons at the same time to change from km/h to mph

from page 24 of the manual

That was easy,thank you very much (just went and did it) Cheers!!!