CBR1100XX.org Forum

Price Reduction: $5k 2002 Bird wit'.

$5,000.

2002 Honda CBR 1100xx Blackbird. 23k miles, great condition.

Zumo 550 Navigation I'm keeping it.

Corbin Seat

Rear Givi Rack

Side Givi Racks

Two cigarette lighter adapters (one with constant power, one with ignition power)

VFR bars (better than bar risers, looks stock)

Peg lowering brackets

Alarm

Pilot Powers with plenty of tread left.

Double bubble tinted windshield.

Clear alternative lenses.

6mm shim on rear shock (for better handling and seat position)

New front fork springs (200 lbs)

Stainless steel bar ends

BMW grips

shorty levers

post-11510-1283714960.jpg

post-11510-1283714949.jpg

post-11510-1283714927.jpg

post-11510-1283714968.jpg

Anyone in the CT area looking for one? It looks like all the other 02 birds, has 2 cig lighter plugs, vfr bars, givi top and side racks, Dave's lowering pegs, less than 20k miles. Has a zumo 550 mount too. Any thoughts?

You know my opinion on the subject... :icon_nono:

Anyone in the CT area looking for one? It looks like all the other 02 birds, has 2 cig lighter plugs, vfr bars, givi top and side racks, Dave's lowering pegs, less than 20k miles. Has a zumo 550 mount too. Any thoughts?

You know my opinion on the subject... :icon_nono:

Yes, yes I do. I don't have to sell it, but it's silly to have it in the garage just taking up space. I have to pay insurance on it, pay for routine maintenance, and then pay if someone drops something on it in the garage or God forbid, knocks it over. It's gonna collect dust and I'd prefer someone use it. It's a great bike.

I find it hilarious that a bird on a bird forum gets no interest, but an old xr gets swept away in a matter of minutes. Just sayin. :icon_lol:

I think the members want you to keep it...and ride it....and show up at more meets... :icon_biggrin:

LOL. This group is a "blood in, blood out" kinda thing, isn't it? Member for life?

I'm planning PRIXXS and NEXXT this year. :icon_biggrin:

I think the members want you to keep it...and ride it....and show up at more meets... :icon_biggrin:

LOL. This group is a "blood in, blood out" kinda thing, isn't it? Member for life?

Why wait?

There's a ride this weekend at Hawk's Nest (Port Jervis NY)...

Check the threads...

Temps in the 70's are predicted...

Roads are clean, I've been through there 3 or 4 times so far..

Come on, ya know ya want to do it...

Why wait?

Check the threads...

LOL. I couldn't ride that far on one of my best days, but thank you. Besides, I work 10 hour shifts all weekend.

:-P

Why wait?

Check the threads...

LOL. I couldn't ride that far on one of my best days, but thank you. Besides, I work 10 hour shifts all weekend.

:-P

Wow Jen, you must get like double-triple overtime for working Easter Sunday...

Supposed to be a beautiful weekend too...

Besides, its not that far...slacker!

:icon_biggrin:

Hank

Wow Jen, you must get like double-triple overtime for working Easter Sunday...

Supposed to be a beautiful weekend too...

Besides, its not that far...slacker!

:icon_biggrin:

Hank

I wish. No overtime at all. Didn't even know it was Easter actually. Such is my life. :icon_wall:

Enjoy the weekend. Have a beer for me! :icon_cool:

I find it hilarious that a bird on a bird forum gets no interest, but an old xr gets swept away in a matter of minutes. Just sayin. :icon_lol:

Well, most of the people here already have one. How many people here (besides me) have XRs?

One may have better luck on a VTR or VFR board, or on a very broad-based one like ADVRider.com or Sport-Touring.net. Both of the latter have a ton of folks who are diverse bike people and many have means.

Sell it, and ride Hobi. :icon_evilgrin: :icon_evilgrin:

Keep it, do both :icon_biggrin:

Thanks Mike, lemme see what happens when I actually try to sell it.

I believe there is a slim chance I will be keeping it, as I just don't want it anymore.

• 4 months later...

Do you have a different bike to ride, or are you getting out of it?

...edit OK, A botte of water, drain tile and a gallon of Chlorox. Going after gophers?

That's a beautiful bike with extras. Ask $5,500 and let the buyers dicker on the price. At least that would be a starting point.

My wife would like the peg lowering and VFR bars.

We're not eighteen anymore.

Good luck with the sale.

Want me to cross-post it on ADVRider and one of the VFR forums? Maybe the Superhawk forum, but they tend to be very cost-conscious over there :icon_rolleyes: .

Sure man, that would be cool. I tried to rape on CL -- asked for $6300. I probably wouldn't take less than $5500. Do you think I can ask $5800?

Do you have a different bike to ride, or are you getting out of it?

...edit OK, A botte of water, drain tile and a gallon of Chlorox. Going after gophers?

That's a beautiful bike with extras. Ask $5,500 and let the buyers dicker on the price. At least that would be a starting point.

My wife would like the peg lowering and VFR bars.

We're not eighteen anymore.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. I'm hoping to get $5500 solid. It's the end of the season, so if people are only lowballing it, I'll keep it til spring. Yeah, um, 4 other bikes right now. LOL. I keep looking for exactly what I want and I've had pretty bad luck. Next on the list is a Vulcan 900 classic lt. My friend has one and I really enjoy it. Hoping it works well for me.

• 1 month later...

Bump. If anyone's interested and wants to make an offer, go for it. I promise not to laugh at you. :icon_whistle:

Seriously, I'd like the garage room.

D'oh.

I went out of town and completely forgot to cross post it. Now I'm leaving town again Thursday morning (TeXXt) and am in a mad race at work and in the garage to get things ready. When I come back, I'll post both the XX and the KTM (which might get more action) as soon as I can.

Sorry :icon_redface: