CBR1100XX.org Forum

Why does my avatar keep disappearing?

I don't know who specifically to send this to, but my avatar keeps disappearing and I reloaded it three or four times this weekend. Today, I see it is again missing... It is the proper pixel size (no greater than 80), so what gives?

Please help.

Thanks,

Jim

Where is your avitar hosted? You don't "load" your avitar, your avitar is linked from an external host.

If the host server is down, or does not respond fast enough, your avitar won't show up. Also if your avitar 'file' gets deleted from the host it will not show up.

Where is your avitar hosted? You don't "load" your avitar, your avitar is linked from an external host.

If the host server is down, or does not respond fast enough, your avitar won't show up. Also if your avitar 'file' gets deleted from the host it will not show up.

Yes, it's hosted at photoisland.com. If that site is too slow, do you have another suggestion for a site host?

I'm not familiar with the free image hosting places.

I know some use image station others photo island.

I have some space on my server I use.

Others would probably have better suggestions for the other services.

Please read the FAQ at the head of this area, Board Tech Issues.

Your avatar/image problems probably stem from your sign-in to your hosting service expiring. This is generally circumvented by setting your picture to "link to auction" or similar auction.

As John said, most internet accounts come with a small amount of webspace--5-10 megs, and that's useful for avatars and personal pics on an abbreviated nature. You are already paying for it.....consider using that.

If this answer is too terse, let me know and we'll open it up a bit. I don't know what level of internet/computer expertise you enjoy.

Actually, I use my work's internet access (yeah, I know, boo, hiss), becasue I'm often on the road, so when on the road I access dial up for email. And yes, it's s-l-o-w. However, when at work it's fast. It also does not provide any space for image hosting. So I guess I need to find a better place to host images.

By the way, why can't we just upload avatar images from our computers? I'm on another board site that enables this as long as the images are not larger than xx size.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use