CBR1100XX.org Forum

carb sync tools

Hooplehead

Going to buy a carb sync tool, but haven't a clue which is best.

1.post-3948-1205237322.jpg twin max around $100

2.post-3948-1205237357.jpg EMGO around $50

3. post-3948-1205237384.gif Motion pro $110

I am starting to lean towards the motion pro. I don't know, but it looks neat-o. Has anyone tried the digital? I am planning on using the tool more than once, and seems like I am always working on my friends' bikes too. Just figured I'd ask you all, I'm sure somebody can tell me which are pieces o' shit. Anyone know of any other brands that are affordable, let me know! thanks

Going to buy a carb sync tool, but haven't a clue which is best.

1.post-3948-1205237322.jpg twin max around $100

2.post-3948-1205237357.jpg EMGO around $50

3. post-3948-1205237384.gif Motion pro $110

I am starting to lean towards the motion pro. I don't know, but it looks neat-o. Has anyone tried the digital? I am planning on using the tool more than once, and seems like I am always working on my friends' bikes too. Just figured I'd ask you all, I'm sure somebody can tell me which are pieces o' shit. Anyone know of any other brands that are affordable, let me know! thanks

hey hopplehead,

could you make the images just a little smaller then I can use my Electron micro scope top see them ................

I have nothing usefull to add to this thread..............

cheers

mack

I have the older Motion Pro "mercury sticks".With them you have to be careful that you don't draw too much vacuum and suck the mercury (or whatever liquid they use on the new models) into the motor.

Over time they are also more accurate than the gauge and digital types. Gauges stick with time and the sensors in the digital units can become contaminated and lose accuracy. I've used all kinds of manometers (vacuum gauges) through the years and I always go back to the good ole "mercury sticks".

I also have the CarbTune, and might have thought twice after my Visa was charged $135. Not anyones fault but my own, for not checking the currency conversion tables. I purchased the pouch with mine, and it is a nice piece that will last a lifetime.

I've only used it once on the Busa, trying to make it as smooth as the XX, but found out the fuel management is not as refined as the Blackbird.

I'm making one like this:

Clicky

The word is they are the most accurate as well as the least expensive.

Tried that. Ran into issues. I got the 5mm bolts drilled to hook hoses to, but the 1st two carbs from the left, when sitting on the seat, are pulling so much vacuum it tries to draw fluid. I will probably fiddle with a gauge and get it closer, then try again. What a pita trying to use one gauge, they all keep changing! Haven't given up on the homeade, since I got less than $3.50 in the set-up. Any ideas how to set a baseline prior to testing. I have tried 3 1/2 turns out, but that aint cuttin it. thanks -Shane

I bit the bullet and spent $12 at the hardware store and made a new gauge. The second attempt worked like a freaking dream! I will post a full how too thread later. Now, I can spend that $130 on gas to ride it! I am so fucking happy! Did I mention I was happy :icon_biggrin: Man, I feel this strange sensation. . . .no not that. . . .I believe it's Happiness! :icon_dance:

3/16/8

Here's the results: Shane's little tool

I bit the bullet and spent $12 at the hardware store and made a new gauge. The second attempt worked like a freaking dream! I will post a full how too thread later. Now, I can spend that $130 on gas to ride it! I am so fucking happy! Did I mention I was happy :icon_biggrin: Man, I feel this strange sensation. . . .no not that. . . .I believe it's Happiness! :icon_dance:

Please! A full report with pics for the brain dead (like me) would be awesome. My Superhawk is in dire need of a sync also so that will be one of my main priorities over the next few weeks. Spring is almost here! :icon_clap: