CBR1100XX.org Forum

Racetech front suspension

RXX

Dunno Mike...IIRC, the group buy, through GP Suspension, didn't utilize Gold Valves on the rebound side as they felt they were unnecessary. It would seem they can be shimmed sucessfully.

My take on the difference in feel is the path 3 different manufacturers took to solve the same problem. As a matter of fact, Ohlins has 20mm valves that can be used too, but my buddy Rick who both sells and services Penske, Ohlins and Racetech stuff recommended the Penske valves after my initial Racetech install and subsequent observations as to what the front was or wasn't doing. I spoke with one of the guys here (Dundane?) who was very well versed with suspension and he suggested a completely different stack for the Racetech valves. Unfortunately, I already had the Penske valves installed. I suppose I could try the Ohlins at some point too, but Rick already has done a lot of back to back with the different valves and I feel confident the Penske's are correct, for me.

I'm glad you're happy with the Racetechs, but you may have a different opinion if you tried the others too...Hank

I had the boys at GP Suspension remake my Wilbers shock (They gutted it) plus rebuild the front end.

VERY MUCH worth the money. (350 for the Wilbers, 500 for the front.).

Just did Race Tech gold valves/springs in the front and a Penske 8983 for the back.

Best thing I've ever done, wish I'd done it a lot sooner.

Whole new bike, almost anyway.