CBR1100XX.org Forum

Here it is for ya Jen....SOLD

Wow, this thread turned into one hell of a little saga.... Congrats on the new ride!! :icon_thumbsup:

Thanks man. Glad to have it. Looks like I'm in good company... :icon_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Took it out today and yesterday, my FIRST time on the bike. Thanks Mike, I'm REALLY happy. What a nice ride. Glad to have a Blackbird. Now I just need my wrists to catch up to my riding a sport bike again. :icon_biggrin:

Thank God I didn't get a Busa... :icon_whistle:

We'll need to find you a set of Heli bars or VFR bars for it. I had a spare set of Heli Bars, but sold them last year after I realized the VFR were just as comfy, and better looking.

I was looking at heli bars last night. They look... thin. Flimsy. Maybe it's in my head, but it looked like my weight on them would turn them kinda pretzel-like...

VFR, eh? Actually the stock ones off the bike? I could order those, right? What year fits? I should do that before mounting the zumo...

This is going to be the one time I miss the Harley. Replacement bars for that? $40. These are probably $250, right? It'll be worth it... :icon_doh: :icon_smile:

We'll need to find you a set of Heli bars or VFR bars for it. I had a spare set of Heli Bars, but sold them last year after I realized the VFR were just as comfy, and better looking.

I was looking at heli bars last night. They look... thin. Flimsy. Maybe it's in my head, but it looked like my weight on them would turn them kinda pretzel-like...

VFR, eh? Actually the stock ones off the bike? I could order those, right? What year fits? I should do that before mounting the zumo...

This is going to be the one time I miss the Harley. Replacement bars for that? $40. These are probably $250, right? It'll be worth it... :icon_doh: :icon_smile:

If you pay what they WANT you to pay. (ie, Buy It Now.)

There are great deals out there to be had on VFR bars. What you want are the stock bars off of a 2002+ VFR (with the VTEC motor). The fit perfectly on the bird, and you only need a quick and easy mod with a Dremel to make them fit like OEM. They look better than the Heli bars, as the Heli bars have welds that you can see, and look like someone made them in a basement. The Helis are sturdy, though.

When I got my VFR bars of eBay, I paid $40 for them. People in the know understand that they are worth some change, so some of them want a lot of cash for them. If you stalk eBay for awhile, and surf the VFR forums, you can usually find them for reasonable money. I wouldn't pay more than $125 for them, and I think the market supports that ideal.

You can take a chance and sign up for a VFR forum and post up that you're looking to buy a set. Some of those folks might have a take-off set lying around from when they upgraded to Heli's.

All it will take is patience.

Check out this post to see what they look like on the bird.

You can also modify the pegs to drop them down a bit, which helps you sit more upright and takes some weight off of your wrists. I have the Buell peg mod, and another member had some custom brackets manufactured to do the same thing with the stock pegs. I have a set of those around, somewhere.... they won't work with the Buell pegs, so I never installed them.

Yeah, I was thinking about lowering the pegs. Not a bad idea. :icon_biggrin:

Dremel tool? *sigh* Great. What am I going to have to replace when I fuck up this mod? :icon_rolleyes:

I can see my conversation with the garage now... 'Well, as you can see, I started out replacing handlebars. Now I need a new engine...' :icon_wall:

Nope. It's easy. If you look at your brake/clutch line connect via banjo mounts to the master cylinders, you'll notice that on each side of the banjo connector there is a tab molded onto the master cylinder. You need to grind one of these tabs off of both master cylinders so that the banjo mount can swing a little bit further, as the new handlebars' position changes the angle at which the hydraulic lines come to the master cylinder. It's a breeze, takes about 1 minute per side to grind/cut the tabs off. The rest is also pretty easy, just takes a little bit of figiting to get everything lined up right.

And you don't need to change out the lines or anything?

Sweet!! Might have to do that. Although my wrists felt better today, but I didn't ride very long...

Im glad you like it. Its a fantastic bike. I hope you washed that seat off good.

If you havent developed a "burning sensation" yet, your probably out of the woods.

CONGRATS again.

What are you kidding? After the first ride I came back home, parked in the drivway, took off all my clothes and humped the bike. I thought the burning sensation was from the exhaust (next time I'll let it cool), but i did think the seat smelled a little funny... :icon_shifty: :icon_evilgrin:

Sweet!! Might have to do that. Although my wrists felt better today, but I didn't ride very long...

Glad you dig the XX.

Don't be afraid to live with it for some time before you start changing things.

You may find you will acclimate to the riding position.

Or you could hold yourself up with your lower body (trunk strength) and stop leaning on your wrists. :icon_whistle::icon_twisted:

Glad you dig the XX.

Or you could hold yourself up with your lower body (trunk strength) and stop leaning on your wrists. :icon_whistle::icon_twisted:

Weird, I just posted in response to this and it didn't take. Apologies if this posts twice.

I agree that I am leaning on my wrists, you are absolutely right, but my lower back is a little bit of an issue. My wrists are one of the few places that aren't a problem on my body, so I'm using them. 'Course, I will end up with stress injuries in them if I keep leaning into 'em on the bike, so I sort of need to figure that one out, but my back may get used to it. I am making a conscious effort to use my back more, so I'm hopeful. :icon_confused: :icon_doh:

I don't really want to change out the bars, but I want to install the zumo, so changing the bars now could keep me from changing them out after I install the bloody thing. I don't like making more work for myself, as I am fat and lazy, and would prefer to be riding than fukin around in the garage anyway. :icon_whistle::icon_rolleyes:

Maybe just lowering the pegs would be enough? :icon_think:

Glad you dig the XX.

I agree that I am leaning on my wrists, you are absolutely right, but my lower back is a little bit of an issue. My wrists are one of the few places that aren't a problem on my body, so I'm using them. 'Course, I will end up with stress injuries in them if I keep leaning into 'em on the bike, so I sort of need to figure that one out, but my back may get used to it. I am making a conscious effort to use my back more, so I'm hopeful. :icon_confused: :icon_doh:

I don't really want to change out the bars, but I want to install the zumo, so changing the bars now could keep me from changing them out after I install the bloody thing. I don't like making more work for myself, as I am fat and lazy, and would prefer to be riding than fukin around in the garage anyway. :icon_whistle::icon_rolleyes:

Maybe just lowering the pegs would be enough? :icon_think:

I too am a little lazy when it comes to the garage stuff :icon_redface:

I also have battled with back issues(low back).

I find the XX good for the posture and some basic stretching and sit ups good for the back.

Hope you find what works for you :icon_biggrin:

Damn there's a bunch of leghumpers around here.

:icon_biggrin:

Leghumpers? I'll have you know I haven't humped anyone's leg in at least a week. I cannot make the same claim in regards to other body parts... :icon_whistle:

You'll fit in just fine around here then :icon_biggrin:

Hoping to. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks. :icon_cool:

My leg's STILL sore!

Yeah, if you don't shave for three days, it does sorta act as sandpaper, doesn't it? :icon_twisted: