CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need a new rear tire

gt_mule

Had a rude awakening while inspecting my rear - a nice shiny screw fully implanted. It seems to be maintaining pressure enough for a 3 mile city ride to the dealer for a new one. It's an '03 with Dunlop Sportmax's and 1700 miles. I'm not all that pissed off because I probably needed a new one just cuz of age. Anyway, I'm going to keep the front on. The Sportmax is no longer made; I was recommended a Qualifier - is this the correct Dunlop to get?

Thanks

I started with D205, then went to D208. Finally woke up and tried something different.

Pilot roads front and rear and am very happy. They wear much better, and turn in is faster.

Do a search on tires, you will get many opinions. But I think you will find that most agree to lose the Dunlops. Also check out SW moto in the vendor section. They have been great for every tire I ordered.

He Birdies,

I had the Bridgestones and the Michelins but what i like the best for the XX is the Metzelers. Roadtec Z6 or Sportec M1.