CBR1100XX.org Forum

Good place to buy spark plugs

Keith

So, my '03 is way over due for a plug change and I'm searching the web for the IMR9A-9H plugs.

The best price I've found is at www.sparkplugs.com, $11.71. Is this a good price or is there a

better place to buy?

Edit: Follow up to my own post: I just noted that Ron Ayers sells them for $9.88, a much better price and

no sales tax, since they aren't in California.

That's a pretty decent price. Most dealers, while fucking your ass with their pig-pole, will mention in passing that they have a general policy of 200% mark-up. :!:

• 7 months later...

I got mine from Ron Ayers...

That being said let us know how those ngk from Advance Auto work out. My Trooper uses expensive plugs like the XX and I was told by the dealer and others with Troopers that you had to run them or you'll get a C.E.L.

A set of 2 buck Champions went in 2 years ago and it runs perfect :wink:

I'm with Hillbilly. Check out your local auto parts store. Our local O'Reily's stores carry NGK's and can get plugs for our bikes. I think I paid about $7 apiece a few months ago for iridium's.

I should add that my plugs weren't the 9A-9H iridiums. They were the other ones. I can't remember the part number right now, but it's on the NGK web site.

The plugs that I bought are NGK CR9EHIX-9. Are these the correct plug?

Yep. Those are the ones I bought for my '00 XX. They're what NGK recommends for it.