CBR1100XX.org Forum

Avon 45 direction

urloozn

OK. I just got a new Avon 45 front tire. The tire shop guy pointed out to me that if he put the tire on the rim in the direction of the arrow (like it is supposed to be) the tread is running backwards.

My question is: Is it supposed to be like that or did I get a FUBAR'd tire?

It is mounted and I will install it today but I can't ride until later on due to weather.

HELP!!

Ken

Guest rockmeupto125

I'd put it on the way its supposed to be. But then, I'm no Avon expert. I imagine the guys that designed the tread, and managed the mold design were, though.

Your guy is a moron! :roll:

Dunlop has done the same thing several times. Never go by the tread design for direction, use the arrow.

Oh, and switch repair facilities. :???:

-Or- just make damn sure the idiots that do the work every time haven't fucked something else up...

... Like scratching the crap out of your rim and then claiming it wasn't them. (Just happend to me on my last visit, Fuckers, wish there was another Shop around that I trusted)

wish there was another Shop around that I trusted)

I use to keep that pipe-dream alive too..

I have come to the conclusion that for a person who takes good care of, and cares about their vehicles..

You'll never find a dealer who will take as good of care of your bike/vehicle as you would.

I've NEVER found a car dealer/motorcycle dealer that took what I considered to be acceptable care of my vehicle.

The tire shop guy pointed out to me that if he put the tire on the rim in the direction of the arrow (like it is supposed to be) the tread is running backwards

Your tire guy is probably used to mounting Dunlop tires. Their tread seems to run backwards compared to other brands.

FWIW department: The Mountain region Dunlop race tire rep told me that if you mount their tire backwards (their front tire), they don't cup. He claims that heavy braking forces cause the cupping problem.

Like Joe said. Do it yourself, then you can just look in the mirror and see who scratched your rims. :lol:

Heavy braking, low tire press. and tread pattern cause cupping.

My front Z6 had NO cupping till bald. Too bad it was bald at 8500 miles. :roll:

Avon 45 doesn't cup either. Wait another 8K miles and I 'll tell you if the Road Attack cups. I don't think it can, with the spread out tread pattern it has..

Like Joe said. Do it yourself, then you can just look in the mirror and see who scratched your rims. :lol:

Heavy braking, low tire press. and tread pattern cause cupping.

My front Z6 had NO cupping till bald. Too bad it was bald at 8500 miles. :roll:

Avon 45 doesn't cup either. Wait another 8K miles and I 'll tell you if the Road Attack cups. I don't think it can, with the spread out tread pattern it has.