CBR1100XX.org Forum

Instrument Cluster Swap

There is a cluster gage for a 2002 on egay... what has to be done to put the newer gages on a 98 bird?

Welllllll, I just did this. I have a different outcome. I wondered if there is a difference in my 2000 wiring and others. My cluster came with the wiring loom and the wires were the same. Had one wire that had no match on the digital loom.

I have one problem, well maybe problem, but everything works perfect, including the low fuel. Plug and play.

Might be due to the late model just before digital.

I saw the auction and it looks high. Almost twice what I payed.

Mine came with 5200 miles and my bike had 4700.

edit: I did put the 2001 temp sensor in also

Just along similar lines - could you then swap a later bike to the analogue gauges?. Reason I ask is I have put ~20000km on my 98 XX since last I got it this time year so would look at getting a later one in a year or so but I don't really like the digital gauges :icon_nono: :icon_think:

After Deans post I wonder if there is a difference in my 2000 and the earlier analog gauge plugs.

I would think there is, as I trust his opinion.

I doo know there is adifference in the book wiring diagrams, now that I think about it.