CBR1100XX.org Forum

Evans NPG/NPG+ Coolant????

HamrTym

Replacing my header soon and looks like I have to remove the radiator to access the header bolts/studs. Might as well replace the coolant. Its about time anyhow.

My question is does anyone have any experience with Evans NPG or NPG+ coolant. Any improvements, pros, cons, etc.. I've looked at their info online and all looks pretty and all, just looking to see if anyone has used this. Or am I wasting good money and should just use the usuall water/antifreeze mix.

On the subject of coolant, since I live in central Florida, freezing protection is not one of my highest concerns. Protecting the internals of the cooling system and heat transfer is. Anybody use a less than 50/50 mix of antifreeze/water. Or just straight de-ionized water with Redline Water Wetter or (insert favorite water conditioner here). Any insight would be helpful. Thanks ya'll.

L8R,

I've used Evans NPG+ for several years in several different bikes.

The real key is that there is NO corrosion because there is no water in the system. There are other benefits but that's the main one.

Being in Florida, I would run 100% water and Water Wetter. That will give you the best heat transfer and adequate lubrication for seals.

FYI, you don't need to remove or drain the coolant to do the exhaust header.

Just pop the lower stay out and you can push the radiator forward enough to drop the header.

I recommend that you get some anti-sieze compound for the header bolts, though, as they are usually a bitch. Steel into Aluminum and all.