CBR1100XX.org Forum

Coolant flush...

Squareman357

Ok so I'll be using the Not Automatic and looking at the where and hows, but I figured folks here have already done it and can tell me if there are any things I should be aware of that the Not Automatic doesn't tell you? Any shortcuts or time savers? My buddy is coming up from Kentucky this weekend and we'll be doing both his Bird and mine in preparation for Cali, and I just want to make sure we don't fubar anything. Thanks!

Suck it up and get the HP (honda) coolant. I ended up going back to that cause it made me feel better in the long run. But in the process I flushed with prestone and had to do the whole thing twice.

Kinley

As far as air in the system:

I squeezed the upper and lower rad tube several times to burp the air out. Then followed the procedure listed to get the air out by starting the bike, running it, then blipping the throttle a bit till no more burps came out. I cracked teh cap the next day and did it again, no bubbles what so ever.

OH!!!!!!! Go to Autozone or automotive place of choice and get a funnel. I picked on up with an expandable downspout, this will save your ass and body work. allows you to put the funnel portion between the handgrip and brake with the downspout securely in the radiator neck. I did not spill one drop of coolan on my bodywork.

Kinley