CBR1100XX.org Forum

PCIII maps and/or dyno tuning

The Krypt Keeper

I got some Leo Vince pipes (slip-ons) on my bird, and really wanna put on a PCIII to get everthing fine tuned.

I can't seem to find any maps for theses pipes :sad: I was thinking of maybe getting it dyno tuned since it will be done for my bike exactly.

Problem is the only place I would actually trust to do the job is a couple hours away up in the mountains. Will this cause any problems? I would hate to spend all that money on getting it done at 2000ft plus elevation to have it not be adjusted for where I normally ride at closer to sea level.

I am going to the shop this coming up weekend for a open house they are having with alot of demo rides and stuff. Plan on asking so questions then, and see when they could possibly work me in.

Thanks for any info..

You could use just about any slip-on map, I'd imagine. I don't know what's available for the PCIII, but there are a few available for the PCII, so you could just try a few until you found something you liked (as long as they are available).

The elevation will play a role, but it should be a pretty small one, and I'm sure they know how to compensate for it.

I figured most slipons are pretty close to being all the same. Most are a straight shot through the pipe.

I was more worried about the elevation changes for a dyno tune, and having it run alittle too lean when I get down to just above sealevel and maybe cause problems. I will be at the shop this weekend and will ask.

Will post the answers I get..