CBR1100XX.org Forum

New to the list

gcp

Good morning gents,

I am about to pick up my new to me 1997 BB on Wednesday which will need a rear tire as soon as I get it home so, which tire should I buy? I have a set of BT56s at hand but I think I will keep those for my VTR. I have a set of Diablos on my GTS and absolutely LOVE them for performance but I don't think they would last long on the BB.

Are the BT10s or 20s a good replacement for the BT56s/BT57s and do they perform equally well? Any Pirelli tires that would track well and last over 5K miles?

Thank you,

gcp

Welcome. congrats on your XX purchase.

Does it still have the origional BT 57's on it and are you changeing the front also?

If not get a 020 for the rear. If both, the skys the limit but a lot are running Avon 45-46's and Pilot Roads.

Welcome to the list!! I am currently running an Avon 45/46 combo and like them a lot. Others on this list have expressed similar opinions.

I'm sure many of the various B-stones, Michelins and Metzelers are good tires too, but I just haven't tried them. The Dunlops just don't give me the mileage I hoped for.