CBR1100XX.org Forum

engine noise

pai

hi all my bird is making a soft rythmic rattling noise(sounds like tick tick tick...)ard 3k rpm. no its not the CCT i heard that before n its been changed n it come from the right hand side. but for the sound my bike makes, it come from the left side. softer than the rattling of the CCT.

anyone can help me? mine is the 01 model. thks.

try riding at faster RPMs... I find 6500 is a nice sound...   :wink:  

Is the sound only at that range? Can you pin point the range more specifically? Is it in gear? All gears?

yes in all gears. in neutral as well. 3k to 3.2k rpm.

sorry guys another stupid question of mine.

did u all ever drag the bike til it goes into the red zone? i mean when the bike is moving(lets forget about the cousin thingy). yesterday i did it (3rd gear, if i rem correctly) and maintain it around 5secs at 11+k rpm. not that i do it on purpose but i was wearing ear plugs and i was chasing my fren along a clear road thus did not not paid attention to the tacho. is my bike gone for good?

did u all ever drag the bike til it goes into the red zone?

Yes

yesterday i did it (3rd gear, if i rem correctly) and maintain it around 5secs at 11+k rpm. not that i do it on purpose but i was wearing ear plugs and i was chasing my fren along a clear road thus did not not paid attention to the tacho. is my bike gone for good?

Nope. Go do it again just to be sure! :twisted: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Be honest, it felt good, didn't it! As long as the rev limiter is in place, it should kick in around 11.3 and feel like a light stutter...

On the other sound, I agree with RodeRash.

did u all ever drag the bike til it goes into the red zone? i mean when the bike is moving(lets forget about the cousin thingy). yesterday i did it (3rd gear, if i rem correctly) and maintain it around 5secs at 11+k rpm. not that i do it on purpose but i was wearing ear plugs and i was chasing my fren along a clear road thus did not not paid attention to the tacho. is my bike gone for good?

Yep I'm afraid you've probably ruined it. If it were me I wouldn't ride it again too dangerous.

Tell you what I'm feeling generous I'll take it off your hands. Considering the damage does $1000 sound fair?

Yep I'm afraid you've probably ruined it. If it were me I wouldn't ride it again too dangerous.

Tell you what I'm feeling generous I'll take it off your hands. Considering the damage does $1000 sound fair?

for ur own good i better not. even if u r very experienced, it is stil dangerous.