CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC II and FI light

urloozn

First, went to install the K&N and it was the wrong one in the box.GRRRRRR.

Then I installed the Micron slip-ons......Suweeeeet! but the 'FI' light came on. i figured, 'OK, yeah. Its major lean now.' So I plugged in the PC II and it stayed on. I played around with the buttons to richen it up and I can't get it to clear. I have no laptop so I wasn't able today, but my friend is coming by after work tommorrow to reload the map. It is suppossed to be mapped for a K&N and the slip-ons.

Has anyone else been through this?

When my correct filter comes in should everything be OK?

Also, I noticed the left muffler was blowing much colder than the right. I didn't let it run for too long with the 'FI' light on, but is this normal? It's pretty much a straight shot for the right while the left has 2 90 degree turns in it so it seems logical to me that it would be colder. At least until they are at operating temperature.

Insight or suggestions please.

Thanks!

What year is the bike?

Let me get this straight.........

The bike was fine, but the FI light came on after the installation of the slip-ons, or after you had the bike apart?

Is it possible you unplugged something inadvertently, or forgot to plug the IAT sensor back in?

Go over your own work, first. Make sure everything is as it should be. Next would be to unplug the PCII, and check the codes in the ECU.

Reload the proper map, and, if everything is OK, re-install the ECU.

I'd go deeper, but need to know a little more info, first.

OK, here's the deal: It all works just splendidly if you plug the airbox sensor back in. D'oh!

We've had the first not crappy weather in two months all weekend and I didn't ride because I thought the old girl was sick. It was all my fault. :lol:

Its OK, though. I am going riding ALL DAY LONG today!