CBR1100XX.org Forum

More Nighthawk questions

Hobicus

Anyone have a good source for fork tubes? I need to replace the ones on my Nighthawk.

The front tire is crap on this bike, and MUST be replaced asap. The rear still has some tread life left to it. Rear is a Dunlop K627. Anyone know what Dunlop tire goes with that Rear on the front? I think it's the K591, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

I was having the problem finding tires for my Nighthawk 700S a couple years ago when I first got it. The dunlop site says to use the GT-501 ArrowMax, sport bias tires on them. I was kindof skeptical of the life of the tire, but I just replaced the set with 11k miles on them this last week. Went with another set. Very nice tires, especially for $150 at your door FOR BOTH tires.

As for fork tubes... are yours 39mm like the S? If they are, I have a parts S in my garage with PERFECT tubes. I don't think that thing has ever seen a salty road in it's life... there's practically no rust or pitting on anything. Even the rear suspention.

Mike Barton