CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bird tipped over. grump.

tweety

Hi folks- long time no talk! I hope you're all doing well, and Nik isn't being too frustrating. :wink:

So the other day some guy with a truck backed into my bird that was parked on the side of the road. Luckily he left me his information and didn't just take off. Hopefully his insurance company (Progressive) will just cut me a check.

It tipped over on the right side. Damage seems minimal, but spread around. There aren't any dents on plastic, but:

- big scratch & mark on right exhaust, plus it is bent inwards. (replace?)

- right peg feeler broken (replace?)

- scratches on lower fairing, but no dent. (repaint?)

- scratch over right side CBR1100XX decal

- scratches on bar end

- bent front brake lever (replace?)

- scratches on right mirror casing (repaint?)

- small scratches on right mirror (part that actually holds mirror)

Is there anything else I should check for that I might have missed when I get the damage estimate? It kind of feels like the steering column might be loose now. What else is common after a 0mph tip-over?

If one exhaust can is ruined, would the insurance company typically pay for a new pair? They aren't stock cans. (V&H SS2R slip-ons)

Thanks!

Hi folks- long time no talk! I hope you're all doing well, and Nik isn't being too frustrating

:razz:

So the other day some guy with a truck backed into my bird that was parked on the side of the road.

Better yours then mine!

:wink:

Thanks for the "tips", guys. Hopefully Progressive will just give me cash based on a reasonable estimate. I called V&H and the retails store guy said they don't make the SS2-R for the XX anymore, so maybe I can get them to pay for the cost of a new pair of cans in the latest model.

The bike drives fine afaik. I've looked really closely for other not so obvious damage but couldn't find any scratches. The XX did surprisingly well, really. I'll try to get a fair estimate before accepting any cash from them.

Thanks for the advice.

So the other day some guy with a truck backed into my bird that was parked on the side of the road.

Better yours then mine!

:wink:

jackass. :cool:

Progressive can be a handful, be firm with them. Be assertive that it was their insured who damaged your property. If what they want to do, or what they say they will/can do is not to your satisfaction, then tell them "no."

In my experience, they can be very smug and appear all-knowing, but they are definitely out for their own interests (keeping costs down) and not yours.

Good luck.

- J.

The truck guy has no problems taking full responsibility. I'll be sure that Progressive doesn't try to screw me over there. Thanks J-red. I'll see how the estimates go, and make sure they give me as much as possible.

(Un)Fortunately just looking at the bike it hardly looks hurt at all.

Maxx, they sure are faded, you must have left them out in the sun all day! Hopefully they'll give me $$ for the pipes (and everything else) then I'll just throw my stocker cans back on... I was actually planning to do that anyway, I don't think my apartment building neigbors really appreciate me warming up those CRAZY LOUD SS2Rs every weekday at 8am...