CBR1100XX.org Forum

stock rear turn signals- interchangeability with CBR929 CBR600

sandman

I'm in the process of replacing an integrated led tail light with the original stock tail light and turn signals. In my opinion those aftermarket tail lights obviously compromise rear conspicuity and safety. Previous owner cut signal wires off, and I need original turn signals. Question: do CBR929RR and CBR600F4i rear signals interchange, fit, and function on the XX? I suspect that they do.

The electrical connectors are different based on the year of the bike. Simple wire job to make it work.

As to actually mounting the things, IDK.

I'm in the process of replacing an integrated led tail light with the original stock tail light and turn signals. In my opinion those aftermarket tail lights obviously compromise rear conspicuity and safety. Previous owner cut signal wires off, and I need original turn signals. Question: do CBR929RR and CBR600F4i rear signals interchange, fit, and function on the XX? I suspect that they do.

I don't know about 929 or F4 signals, but the signals on the SuperHawk are the same.

Looks like the RC51 and the SuperHawk share the same part number as the XX.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/hond...50-MAT-A01.html

*edit*

You might post a "wanted" over on SuperHawkForum.com, lots of guys mod the signals on them as well and probably have their take-offs sitting in a parts bin. Fronts are a common take-off, and you can run them on the back either with or without the "running" lights. Having the amber running lights out back really upped the visibility. I had that setup on the XX for a while before I went to clear with a red led brake and an amber led signal inside the stock stalks - eye-popping!

If you don't want to register over there, let me know and I will post a wanted for you.