CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bike stands

VeloXXiraptor

Todd (tvking) has one of those lifts, and says it's great.

I've seen one in use, and it seems a bit rocky, but it won't fall over on you.

I'd like to buy one, but just have to justify the cost...... :sad:

I have a Pit Bull front stand that is great. The only problem is that I have to take off the front fender so the stem pin doesn't scratch the underside of my upper cowl. 4 bolts, 30 seconds. No big deal. I also have a lockhart Phillips race stand fro the back. It worked well with the smaller bikes I've had ('Zuki TL-S, Superhawk) but the 'Bird is a little heavy for it. The steel is rather thin walled, so where the swingarm pads go through its starting to 'flex.' It isn't 'about to go' or anything, but the paint has cracked from stress. Plus the padding on the swingarm pads is peeling off. Its about 6 years old now so its to be expected. I made a deal with a guy who does spray on bedliners to coat them for me but haven't gotten around to it yet. I usually just use the center stand and the Pit Bull.

They've got a bikestand too:http://www.bikegrab.com/default.htm

BE CAREFUL with the bike stand. They're designed to be used indoors and on level ground. I used one for my bike outside and it ended up tipping over. It's a great company, though. I told them what happened and they paid for the damages to my bike without me being able to prove I wasn't negligent (which I wasn't).

Joe

P.S. I'm only talking about the bike stand. I don't know anything about their bike lift.

a long time ago mac posted a link to handy stands and a nice little write up about them. i purchased a set, they were only about $108 delivered and they work great.

http://www.handyindustries.com/welcome.asp

I concur! I have this set and they work well. The only problem is that the front stands raise the bike at the forks, so if you want to do front suspension work (i.e. remove he forks), you will need something else. I had the bike up on these stands for two weeks while I polished the wheels and it stood with no problems.

The only thing with the Handy Stands (not sure if this is a rule) is to make sure you raise the bike's back end first and then the front.

-Rick