CBR1100XX.org Forum

fuel blockage update

fourx

New fuel filters.New plugs.New staintune exhaust. Back on the road again.

Had a clogged filter this past weekend, bike just stopped all of a sudden. I would crank, get a sputter, but no go. Wheel it to my post office, walked home got my car, tools, and gas can. Took off tank, tool out pump and filter, removed filter, and gave it a blow(hahahh). Pretty clogged. I had also brought starting fluid just to make sure I had spark. I sprayed this in the filter, knocked it around on the cement, repeat, repeat, blows through better. I walk over to the mountain bike shop, and ask them to give it a blow with compressed air, boom, good to go. I go back to install and notice a split in the hose connecting the filter. Ugh, go in the post office, borrow a razor blade and cut that piece off. Reinstall, fires right up.

Moral of the story, the filter was so clogged it put extra stress on the hoses. I would recommend replacing the hose from the pump to the filter, as I going to do this weekend.

Good luck, good to here your running.