CBR1100XX.org Forum

Digital Instrument / Gauges not working

StPeteXX

A little backgound on my '97 XX. My R/R failed about 2 years ago. I replaced it with an inexpensive one from eBay. I got about 8 months out of it before it failed. In the process, it killed my Dyna 2000 ingnition (now repaired by Dyna with a new board), fried starter relay, cooked the battery and did unknown damage to the instrument panel. The instrument panel lights all come on, however none of the gauges work. No tach, no speedo, no fuel gauge. Grounds have been checked and rechecked. New R/R is from a GL1500, which will handle more than I will ever ask of it. Everything is repaird and back in working order with the exception of no gauges.

Is there any service out there that repairs instrument panels? I have a very low mileage Bird (under 20k) so if I go used, a low mileage one would be necessary.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Rich

I don't have a wiring diagram for a '97, but the wiring diagram for a '99 shows fuse "F", 10 amp Clock, to provide common power to all the gauges. Have you double-checked that fuse, and the wire from it to the dash panel for voltage?

I'll triple check that when I get home. Thanks!!

Rich